Chicken Tikka & Masala Sauce
- 1 lb boneless chicken - cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- pinch of red food colouring
- salt to taste
- Marinade all ingredients together for at least 2 hours (preferably
- Grill on a skewer under a medium grill until cooked and slightly
charred (or barbecue).
- 4 oz grated onions
- 6 tablespoons corn oil
- 6 to 8 tablespoons yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons single cream (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 oz ground almonds
- Fry onions gently in oil until light and crisp (approx 8-10 mins).
- Add turmeric, cumin, ginger, garlic and coriander. Add spices quickly
to ensure they do not burn
- Mix tomato purée with 1 tablespoon water then quickly add to the pan.
- Cook gently for 8-10 minutes until the oil rises to the surface.
- Add the ground almonds and salt.
- Mix well, leave for 2 minutes, then spoon off all excess oil.
- Beat yoghurt, then add 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing continuously.
- Add cream, and stir once.
- Add garam masala and serve with chicken.