Cauliflower with Potatoes and Peas
- 8 oz fresh cauliflower
- 2 medium potatoes - cubed
- 1 medium tomato - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 oz frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli masala
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in pan, then add mustard seeds and onion, frying until onion
is soft and golden.
- Add turmeric and chilli masala, then ginger, garlic and tomato.
- Add potatoes and cook for at least 5 minutes, adding water if pan
becomes too dry.
- Add salt during cooking as required.
- Add cauliflower and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add peas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garam masala then serve.
Note: Do not mix too much during cooking or the ingredients will
break up. The potatoes should be cooked, but slightly "waxy".