- 4 oz minced meat (lamb or beef)
- 1/2 green chilli - chopped and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- 1 spring onion - finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed white cumin seeds (or powder)
- 1/2 onion - finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander leaves - chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint sauce (without juice) OR fresh mint
- Fry mince in dry pan with salt, ginger and garlic for approx. 2
- Add green chilli, cumin, garam masala and about ¾ of onion.
- Cook for approx. 15 minutes, adding oil only if necessary.
- Remove from heat, then add spring onion, mint, coriander and remaining
- 6 oz plain flour
- pinch of salt
- oil for frying
- Mix flour and salt with water to give a stiff dough.
- Knead well and leave to rest.
- Roll golf-ball sized pieces out into a rough circle, then cut in half.
- Oil a heavy pan and cook dough semi-circles briefly on each side,
keeping oiled to ensure they remain moist.
- 2 teaspoons concentrated tamarind
- 2 oz grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons mint sauce
- 2 fl. oz water
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Make samosas as shown below, sealing with flour & water paste.
- Deep fry for approx. 4 to 5 minutes and serve immediately.
4 steps to folding a samosa