- 8 oz peeled prawns
- 6 oz Basmati rice
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 fresh tomato (grated)
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 green chilli - chopped and seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 oz frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- salt to taste
- Soak rice in water and then cook in boiling water for approx. 3
minutes until "gritty" (if meal is eaten immediately, cook rice fully).
- Soak defrosted prawns in lemon juice.
- Heat oil and butter in pan, then add cumin seeds, cardamoms, cloves
and sliced onions, frying until onions are soft (but not too brown).
- When cooked, remove ½ onions for garnish.
- Add green chilli, chilli powder, turmeric, ginger and garlic.
- Add grated tomato and cook until tomato is 'smooth'.
- Remove prawns from lemon juice, then add to pan with peas and salt (to
- After approx. 3-4 minutes gently add the beaten yoghurt, stirring all
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, then place in casserole in
- Heat in oven when required.