Meat Curry with Creamed Coconut
- 1 lb lean meat (lamb or beef)
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 green chilli - chopped
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/2 oz creamed coconut
- 1/4 pint water
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in pan and gently fry onions until soft and golden.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilli and all powders (chilli,
coriander, turmeric & cumin).
- Mix meat in and coat with spices. Cook for a total of approx. 30
minutes (lamb), or 45 minutes (beef), adding water to moisten if necessary.
- Add salt and creamed coconut about 10 minutes before the end.
- Aim for a thick sauce, with about 1 cup of liquid overall.