Mushroom and Peas Bahji
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- 3 oz frozen garden peas
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 fresh tomato - chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- Gently fry onions and cinnamon together until soft and golden.
- Add ginger, garlic, turmeric and chilli masala, stirring continuously.
- Add chopped tomato and allow to cook for 2 minutes, until nice and
- Add mushrooms and peas, cooking for approx. 8 minutes.
- Add salt if required right at the end, as salt will draw unneeded
liquid from the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with garam masala just before mixing and serving.