Cumin Fried Rice
- 6 oz Basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 oz butter
- 1 teaspoon white cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak rice in plenty of water for at least 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric and salt to pan of boiling water, then add rice.
- Return pan to boil and cook for 3 minutes, then drain.
Note: rice should be slightly "gritty" to touch.
- Melt butter in frying pan with oil and gently fry cumin seeds for 1
minute to allow oils to be released into pan.
- Add rice and mix gently to ensure all rice is evenly coated in