- 1 lb boneless chicken - cut into 1" pieces
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 medium onion - very finely chopped
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon root ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 pint natural yoghurt (preferably set)
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place oil in pan with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf and
onions. Fry gently until onions are soft and golden (approx 8-10 mins).
- Add turmeric, chilli masala, ginger, garlic and chicken. Add
spices quickly to ensure they do not burn.
- When the chicken is sealed, add the yoghurt, approximately one
tablespoon at a time, mixing continually.
- Add salt and cook for approx. 5 mins. If necessary add water one
tablespoon at a time to moisten.
- Finally, add ground almonds one tablespoon at a time.
Note: adapt the quantities of almonds used depending upon the
thickness of sauce required.